NADA DRESS CODE POLICY
Hair must be pulled back in a bun with no bangs, secured off the face. A proper ballet bun is required for ALL ballet, character and modern classes. Students will not be allowed in these classes if their hair is not in a bun. Ponytails are acceptable for Jazz or Tap classes only. No jewelry – stud earrings are okay.
All students are required to wear the appropriate color and style leotard for their level. No leotards with attached skirts are permitted. Separate skirts are allowed if they are short and are the same solid color as the leotard. No florals or patterns please.
- Pre-Ballet I: Pink short-sleeved leotard, pink tights, pink ballet slippers
- Pre-Ballet II: Light blue short-sleeved leotard, pink tights, pink ballet slippers (Pre-Ballet/Tap add black tap shoes)
- Pre-Ballet III: Lavender short-sleeved leotard, pink tights, pink ballet slippers (Pre-Ballet/Tap add black tap shoes)
- Level I and IA: Royal blue tank leotard, pink tights, pink ballet slippers
- Level II, II/PrePointe: Burgundy tank leotard, burgundy wrap skirt, pink tights, pink ballet slippers/ Level II no ribbons Level II Pre Pointe w/ ribbons
- Level IIA and II-III: Dark Teale Camisole Leotard (Energetiks CL09 or AL09), pink tights, pink ballet slippers w/ ribbons
- Level III, IV, V, Teen: Black leotard, black wrap skirt, pink tights, pink ballet slippers w/ ribbons
- Character: Character skirt* with appropriate level leotard, pink tights, black character shoes (*custom ordered through NADA)
- Modern: Appropriate level leotard, pink or black convertible tights
- Jazz: Appropriate level leotard, solid black jazz pants, black oxford, split-sole laced jazz shoes or Capezio #CG 15 Slip-on jazz shoes
- Tap: Appropriate level leotard, solid black jazz pants, Bloch / Black Oxford Lace Up (Advanced: Ask Teacher before purchasing shoes)
- Hip Hop: Tee Shirt Sweat Pants / Ask Teacher About Shoes
- Boys: White t-shirt, black tights or leggings, black shoes
The following are not acceptable in any class: tank or camisole tops; t-shirts; sweat shirts; shorts; warm up shorts or pants; pajama bottoms; or jazz sneakers. If a student is not appropriately attired for class they will be given the opportunity to dress properly or sit out the class.
To download the full NADA Dress Code Policy, click the link below.